Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Father's Day Golden Curry

Hey guys! I always feel so lazy all the time that I didn't get to blog about the Father's Day I had! Remember the Golden Curry Extra Hot roux I was talking about? Luckily my sisters didn't know what to make so I decided to make the curry! I was super excited to be able to cook curry again even if it was from a roux. So... first off...
Potatoes!
I had fun skinning this potato since the cutter just skins it off like...butter? HAHA. Well it was only one potato so I had to resort to another one.
Look at its face!
After finishing the potatoes, I had even more fun skinning the carrots. And here's how it is after skinning and chopping them.
I LOVE onions so much. The basket about contains 1 1/2 large white onions~
After all this cutting work I was waiting for Jessica to come back home from Fullerton since she went to a friend's party. I needed a ride from her because I'm missing the key ingredient : meat!! In the supermarket's poultry section, there were a lot of shabu shabu cuts and I was thinking about sukiyaki....yum ^-^ One problem occured---uhhh...how do we choose? Shit. Oh well, I remember a youtube video that used beef ribeye so I got that one~ Hehe...lemme share this picture I took.
CURRY HEAVEN MUCH?
LOVEEEE<333 Darn, those upside down boxes just happens to ruin the whole image. Who cares, that is a TON of curry! Going back to the house, I quickly started to tenderize the meat so it won't be all tough to eat. The pain of cutting it was to get out most of the darn fat! There was this block that felt like a rock.....gross.
Ehh... I'll leave that fat as it was.
Before frying the meat, salt and pepper was added to give it some aroma and taste. I didn't cook the meat because my sister did! Yay :D
By the way, I didn't know that tenderizing meat makes it "stretch out" but it eventually goes back to its shape! Well unfortunately I didn't bring the tongs out and that made cooking the meat all complicated when you flip it. This made a lot of the water from the meat come out giving us some nice beef juice. We boiled the carrots and potatoes to give it a headstart. While cooking, I added 4 cups extra water to the curry worrying that 6 cups was too little. Jess didn't like very thick curry and so it turned out good for her. I added around 2 spoonfuls of ketchup to the curry for a tangy taste. Really good!
Yum!
My dad was very happy to see the curry made so he got himself some red wine downstairs.
LOL. We finally used the diamond shaped topper!
My happy dad o_o
After dinner, we presented my dad his presents and we got him a cake! No credits to my little sister other than her cooking the rice. Hehe.

Another thing to thank my older sis Jess is for her buying the meat and getting the cake without us having to chip in. I saved a container of curry for my love, Bart :D She drove me to his house at 11 to deliver it and he really appreciated it and enjoyed the curry. Although he said I put a littleee too much rice! Haha, I was worried that the curry would oversoak the rice.... Well, I hope you enjoyed this entry and had a nice Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment